The first land titles office in the Turtle Mountains was set up in August of 1880.

This office was located 3 miles south of the Old Deloraine townsite and right beside the Boundary Commission Trail and on the bank of the Turtlehead Creek, was assigned to Mr. George F. Newcomb as the Land Office Clerk. All newcomers to the area were required to make their way to Newcomb to fill out applications for land and pay the accompanying fees. In 1886, with the construction of the railroad the land titles office moved serveral miles northwest to the current location of Deloraine. The location today is now marked by the south side of the Deloraine Reservoir.